Labels

Monday, August 6, 2012

Bloom Where You Are Planted

Do you remember how I told you all how I pray for neon signs?  Things I'm supposed to do or not do, things I'm supposed to learn; insights and motivations alike.  Well, this summer I have been bombarded by this one: Galatians 5:22.  "The Fruit of the Spirit."  A simple verse that many memorize in Sunday School.  Except as a young thing, that SS attendance was spotty at best for me.

So over this summer the good Lord has bombarded me with this one amazing verse!

First I was praying through it for my sons during the Warrior Prayers Challenge, which motivated me to make it our verse for the summer.  My three boys have learned it (for the most part) and respond accordingly when I interrupt bad attitudes with, "Give me some fruit!"  They know they can't argue with it (says so in the Scripture, kids)!

Second, it shows up on Facebook in a picture (one of those visual quotes) posted by a friend -- "Bloom where you are planted."  It immediately drew my mind to the fact that I, as a mom, have to choose to bloom -- to be content and show all the fruits of the Spirit, even when I am not feeling it.

My creative juices get flowing and I start noodling around that image with the fruit phrases...and oh did I long to make it happen!

The pastor preaches on a similar topic -- making a choice to grow and he says the same thing (maybe he's on Facebook?) "Bloom where you are planted."  Oh I'm getting the neon sign feeling at this point and know that Jesus is telling me to write this one on my gates and doorposts, so to speak.  Old Testament advice, still applicable: write it on your home and teach it to your children, let the Word of the Lord be a part of every bit of your day!

So, the kids were asleep last Friday, the hubby was working late, and I had just had a cup of coffee ~ 2am art-session coming up!

I have some florals in my basement entry way, so got some color ideas and started painting... and painting...










Today I arranged it on the wall -- where I would see it when I rise in the morning (heading up for coffee and breakfast), when I'm coming and going (by the back door), and when I'm ready to call it a night (back to bed).  






It needed a little something more -- some blooms.  I took the flowers leftover from the wreath I got the colors from and made a little bouquet to go with it.  It may get tweeked...not sure it's quite right, but at least it's done and on the wall!




Put it all together and it was almost exactly what I had imagined -- nothing fancy and yet totally what I need to see 1000 times a day!  My hope is that as my boys learn to read, it will be a reminder to them as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment