Labels

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Relocating Strawberries

Today's Adventure: Relocating Strawberries

I planted 4 strawberry plants 2 years ago.  Second season found us with a 4x7' patch filled to capacity.  It was productive with 7# produce too!



Yet, I find myself second-thinking my placement.  DH tilled a 10x10 patch last year but we never got them moved.  So what's a mama to do with unseasonably early spring?  Kick some boys outside and start digging, of course!  I moved about half the strawberries for now and I'll take care of the rest when I know if these take.  I may lose production this year...hoping by moving them so early I won't!  My ultimate goal is to fill the 4x7' box with salad greens instead.  It's much closer to the house and adjacent to the herb garden.



As a back-up plan, I brought 16 strawberry plants in pots inside to hopefully get growth that way too!   If I do it three ways, something's bound to stay alive, right?  If not... I've learned it's not the end of the world to start over, either ~ another life lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment